I am proud to offer both Birth and Post-natal (postpartum) Doula Services
I am passionate about the power of women and birth. I actively support every family's birth experience by providing education, empowerment, and support. I honour the individuality of each woman's birth wishes and embrace her during her unique journey into motherhood. The Birth package I provide is
- An initial consultation and prenatal interview.
- Guidance in preparing your birth plan.
- Availability to answer questions about your pregnancy, the upcoming birth, breastfeeding, or other concerns.
- Assistance in outlining options for labour and delivery.
- 24/7 support and availability during on-call period.
- Early labour support at home or at your final birth location.
- Attendance and support at the birth and immediate postpartum care.
- Assistance with the initiation of breastfeeding.
- A follow-up postpartum visit within 2 weeks after your baby's birth to review your birth experience, provide newborn/new parent information and support.
Post-natal (sometimes called Postpartum) Doulas are there to make the transition to parenthood easier. As a Post-natal Doula, I provide individual in-home care services and support to families with a newborn. Families help to design a support plan that will meet their unique needs for new parents, newborn, and sibling care. My Post-natal services include
- Home baby care to allow rest for new mums.
- Assistance with breast and/or bottle feeding and newborn care.
- Emotional support to help with new parent stress and postpartum blues.
- Support for siblings to enjoy the positive experience of the new baby.
- Other support requested by the family, such as: light housekeeping, shopping, laundry, errands and meal preparations.
- Provision of helpful information on infant care and community resources.
Books / DVD
I have many books about various aspects of childbirth and parenting. Please feel free to ask what I have and to borrow them from me. I also have available to borrow, several copies of the movie "Doula!", a documentary following 3 doulas and featuring 3 actual births.
I have a new inflatable birth pool by "Birth Pool in a Box" which is available for use for a small charge.